Expands patient-first treatment like no other system in the worldImage guided, intensity modulated radiation therapy (IG-IMRT), featuring best-in-class clinical workflows and highly conformal and homogenous treatments enabled by a unique ultra-fast multi-leaf collimator (MLC). The Radixact® System shapes radiation to the tumor while sparing normal, healthy tissue.
Combined with TomoEDGE™ dynamic jaws, TomoDirect provides efficient treatments and highly conformal dose distribution in both whole breast and whole breast with supraclavicular regional lymph nodes4.
- Highly customized treatment planning: Create treatment plans that include 2 to 12 target-specific gantry angles and user-defined levels of modulation
- Interactive 3D-CRT: Treatment planning with daily 3D-CT image guidance to support margin reduction and positioning accuracy
- Longest treatment fields in the industry: Eliminates multiple isocenters and field junctions that are time-consuming to plan and deliver and can lead to hot and cold spots.
- Beam expansion: Open additional leaves beyond the target to compensate for target motion (up to five leaves per angle)
- TomoEDGE™ Dynamic Jaws: Dynamically conform to the target in the craniocaudal direction, producing sharp dose fall-off for precise sparing of normal tissue and increased throughput
- Fastest leaf speed in the industry: Produces more modulation compare to other IMRT delivery techniques.
Tailoring Radiotherapy to Breast Cancer:The Role of the TomoTherapy® System
Professor Roberto Orecchia
Scientific Director of the European
Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
TomoEDGE™ Dynamic Jaws
- Treatment mode: TomoDirect 3D-CRT
- Rx: 50.40Gy/28Fx
- Delivery time: 1:46 min:sec
Breast & Lumpectomy Cavity
- Treatment mode: TomoDirect IMRT
- Rx: 40Gy/15Fx + 48Gy simultaneous integrated boost (SIB) to lumpectomy cavity
- Delivery time: 6:59 min:sec
1. Han E.Y. et al. “Estimation of the risk of secondary malignancy arising from whole-breast irradiation: comparison of five radiotherapy modalities, including TomoHDA” Oncotarget. 2016; 7(16): 22960-9 – https://doi.org/10.18632/oncotarget.8392
2. Nagai A. et al. “Intensity-modulated radiotherapy using two static ports of TomoTherapy for breast cancer after conservative surgery: dosimetric comparison with other treatment methods and 3-year clinical results. Journal of Radiation Research. 2017; Feb 23: 1-8 – https://doi.org/10.1093/jrr/rrw132
3. Michalski A. et al. “A dosimetric comparison of 3D-CRT, IMRT, and static TomoTherapy with an SIB for large and small breast volumes.” Medical Dosimetry. 2014; 39: 163-168
4. Sugie C. et al. “Efficacy of the Dynamic Jaw Mode in Helical Tomotherapy With Static Ports for Breast Cancer.“TCRT. 2014; 14: 459-465 – https://doi.org/10.1177/1533034614558746
Radixact & TomoTherapy for Breast
Explore the Radixact and TomoTherapy systems.