A radical degree of freedom in dose delivery
TomoHelical combines 360-degree fan-beam delivery of intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and megavoltage CT (MVCT) imaging. During treatment delivery, the linear accelerator completes multiple 360-degree rotations around the patient, while the couch passes through the center bore of the system.
Simplicity & speed
- Continuous high-dose rate delivery enables for shorter beam-on times than most other radiation treatment systems.
- Field lengths of to up to 135cms can be treated with no field junctions or patient repositioning.
- Simultaneous irradiation of multiple target volumes.
Unmatched precision & dose fall-off
- 360-degree treatment delivery provides highly conformal, uniform dose distribution while minimizing dose to surrounding normal structures.
- TomoEDGE™ Dynamic Jaws dynamically conform to a target in the craniocaudal direction, producing share dose fall-off for precise sparing of normal tissue and increased throughput.
- IMRT Planning Mode simultaneously modulates the beam along and across the treatment volume(s).
An ideal clinical solution for routine and complex indications
The Radixact® and TomoTherapy® platforms offer both 3D-CRT (TomoDirect) and IMRT (TomoHelical™) modalities, providing unique flexibility to treat the spectrum of spine cancer cases with exceptionally high accuracy and normal tissue sparing-from a single platform.
TomoEdge™ Dynamic Jaws
Total scheduled procedure time averages 10-15 minutes* with TomoEdge™ dynamic jaws
*Includes set-up, full 3D imaging and average beam-on time of 4.5 minutes. Total procedure times are approximate and based on internal Accuray test data. Times may vary with various clinical situations.
Spine – Multiple Metastases
30Gy to 95% of PTV in 10 fractions
Long Fields – Craniospinal Irradiation
Connect with a IMRT expert.
See additional plan examples and get the answers you need.