CYBERKNIFE® SYSTEM FOR PROSTATE CANCER TREATMENT
Proven, Fast and Convenient
Growing clinical evidence demonstrates that the unmatched precision of the CyberKnife® System delivers a beneficial treatment option for men diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Professor Nicholas van As about the PACE A trial
Sub-millimeter accuracy + real-time motion synchronization
Target the tumor and minimize dose to healthy and sensitive tissues with continuous, sub-millimeter robotic precision and exclusive Synchrony technology real-time correction and adaptation
A UNIQUE TREATMENT OPTION
Safe and efficient hypofractionated SBRT
Safely deliver hypofractionated SBRT treatments with complete confidence, delivering treatment in as little as 5 treatments or fewer — compared to 20-39 treatment with conventional radiotherapy.
Maximize patient quality of life
CyberKnife SBRT is delivered in an outpatient procedure – no incisions, no general anesthesia and no hospitalization – enabling patients to get back to everyday life quickly.
Clinical Evidence Continues Growing
Powerful results from two of the largest studies demonstrates excellent control and minimized toxicity with CyberKnife SBRT.
A Safe Alternative to
Excellent Cancer Control
Five-year biochemical disease free survival was 97% for the whole group of patients.
Low Side Effects
Toxicity and side effects were uncommon and similar to other radiation therapy treatments including IMRT.
Extremely High Survival Rate
Five-year rates almost identical for low- and intermediate-risk patients.
A Better Option for
Shorter Treatment Schedules
Evidence suggests shortening treatment time to 5 fractions with SBRT does not increase gastrointestinal or acute toxicity, compared to conventional fractionation.
SBRT with Minimized Toxicity
CyberKnife SBRT reduced genitourinary side effects by 50% and also reduced gastrointestinal side effects, compared to SBRT with a conventional linac.
Enhanced Quality of Life
Reduced side effects and a shorter treatment schedule deliver meaningful quality-of-life benefits.
How CyberKnife Redefines Prostate SBRT
The CyberKnife System is the only true robotic radiotherapy delivery system — and features the industry’s only real-time motion synchronization technology. Why does that matter?
Delivering higher doses per fraction demands complete confidence in delivery precision and accuracy. CyberKnife’s continuous sub-millimeter precision allows zero-margin delivery to enable hypofractionated treatment while minimizing dose to healthy tissues.4
Motion Management Matters
Normal bodily functions make intra-fractional prostate motion inevitable. The CyberKnife System uses the AI-powered Synchrony technology to continuously and automatically track and correct for target motion in real time, effectively targeting the cancer and minimizing dose to surrounding tissues.5
- Meier et al (2018) ‘Multicenter Trial of Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Low- and Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer: Survival and Toxicity Endpoints’. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 102(2):206-303
- Tree et al (2022) ‘Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy Versus Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer (PACE-B): 2-year Toxicity Results From an Open-label, Randomised, Phase III Non-inferiority Trial’ Lancet Oncol https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(22)00517-4
- King CR, Freeman D, Kaplan I, et al. Stereotactic body radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer: pooled analysis from a multi-institutional consortium of prospective phase II trials. Radiother Oncol 2013; 109(2): 217-221.
- Fuller et al (2022) ‘High Dose “HDR-Like” Prostate SBRT: PSA 10-Year Results from a Mature, Multi-Institutional Clinical Trial’. Front Oncol. 29;12:935310
- Choi et al (2018) ‘Analysis of Motion-dependent Clinical Outcome of Tumor Tracking Stereotactic Bosy Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer’ J Korean Med Sci. 2;33(14):e107
Request More Information
Connect with an Accuray expert. Get the answers you need.