A Proven Option for Faster, Less Disruptive Prostate Cancer Treatment
Growing clinical evidence demonstrates that the unparalleled precision of the CyberKnife® System provides a revolutionary option in the treatment of prostate cancer.
Complete the form to talk to an expert about Cyberknife prostate cancer treatment.
Sub-millimeter accuracy + real-time motion synchronization
Target the tumor and minimize dose to healthy and sensitive tissues with continuous, sub-millimeter robotic precision and the real-time correction and adaptation of exclusive Synchrony technology.
A UNIQUE TREATMENT OPTION
Safe and efficient hypofractionated SBRT
Safely deliver hypofractionated SBRT treatments with complete confidence, completing treatment in as little as 5 treatments or fewer — compared to 20-39 treatment with conventional radiotherapy.
Maximize patient quality of life
CyberKnife SBRT gives patients a fully outpatient procedure — no incisions, no general anesthesia and no hospitalization — that delivers dramatically shorter overall treatment time and reduces toxicity to healthy tissue.
Clinical Evidence Continues Growing
The partnership between Accuray and RaySearch is built upon a long-term collaboration agreement to develop and market fully integrated solutions that combine the RayStation* advanced treatment planning system with the CyberKnife and Radixact, the next generation TomoTherapy platform, and RayCare* oncology information system (OIS). This seamless integration gives greater flexibility to hospitals and clinics with multiple treatment systems, enabling clinical teams to leverage RaySearch software with powerful Accuray treatment technologies. To learn more about RaySearch, visit raysearchlabs.com.
A Safe Alternative to
Excellent Cancer Control
97% of patients experienced excellent cancer control.
Extremely High Survival Rate
Five-year rates with CyberKnife SBRT almost identical for low- and intermediate-risk patients, compared to conventional fractionation.
Toxicity and side effects were uncommon and similar to IMRT and other conventional radiotherapies.
A Better Option for
Shorter Treatment Schedules
Evidence suggests shortening treatment time to 5 fractions with SBRT does not increase gastrointestinal or acute toxicity, compared to conventional fractionation.
SBRT with Minimized Toxicity
CyberKnife SBRT reduced genitourinary side effects by 50% and also reduced gastrointestinal side effects, compared to SBRT with a conventional linac.
Enhanced Quality of Life
Reduced side effects and a shorter treatment schedule deliver meaningful quality-of-life benefits.
Exceptional Patient Satisfaction3
of patients would choose CyberKnife treatment again
of patients report CyberKnife treatment did not interrupt their normal life routine
of patients would recommend CyberKnife treatment to others
How CyberKnife Redefines Prostate SBRT
The CyberKnife System is the only true robotic radiotherapy delivery system — and features the industry’s only real-time motion synchronization technology. Why does that matter?
Delivering higher doses per fraction demands complete confidence in delivery precision and accuracy. CyberKnife’s continuous sub-millimeter precision allows zero-margin delivery to enable hypofractionated treatment while maximizing dose-sparing to healthy tissues.4
Motion Management Matters
Normal bodily functions make intra-fractional prostate motion inevitable. The CyberKnife System uses the AI-powered Synchrony technology to continuously and automatically track and correct for target motion in real time, effectively targeting the cancer and protecting surrounding tissues.5
- Meier et al (2018) ‘Multicenter Trial of Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy for Low- and Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer: Survival and Toxicity Endpoints’. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 102(2):206-303
- Tree et al (2022) ‘Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy Versus Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer (PACE-B): 2 year Toxicity Results From a Randomised Open-label Phase III Non-inferiority Trial’ Lancet xxxxxx
- King CR, Freeman D, Kaplan I, et al. Stereotactic body radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer: pooled analysis from a multi-institutional consortium of prospective phase II trials. Radiother Oncol 2013; 109(2): 217-221.
- Fuller et al (2022) ‘High Dose “HDR-Like” Prostate SBRT: PSA 10-Year Results from a Mature, Multi-Institutional Clinical Trial’. Front Oncol. 29;12:935310
- Choi et al (2018) ‘Analysis of Motion-dependent Clinical Outcome of Tumor Tracking Stereotactic Bosy Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer’ J Korean Med Sci. 2;33(14):e107
Request More Information
Connect with an Accuray expert. Get the answers you need.